HUMAN AFFAIRS invites submissions of papers for its next issue
(VOLUME 16, NUMBER 1, JUNE 2006)
devoted to an exploration of the above topic. Contributions drawing on all fields of the humanities and the social sciences, but also transcending them, are welcome focusing primarily (though not exclusively) on issues such as:
- History as a principle of legitimation
- The role of social actors in constructing historical narratives
- Territorial changes and transformations of national histories
- Ideological management of “Western” and ”Eastern” grand narratives
- Imperial dimension in history writing
- Political aspects of historiographical language
- Textualization, visualization and ritualization of historical memory
- History and the “duty to memory”
- The social and political meaning of history
Please follow the guidelines for submissions as stated on the cover or the website of HUMAN AFFAIRS.
Abstracts due: June 15, 2005 (in English, Slovak, Czech)
Manuscripts due: December 15, 2005 (in English, Slovak, Czech)
All information and communications concerning submissions should be addressed to the Editorial Office.