The Department of Armenian Studies invites applications for a full-time position in history at the rank of senior lecturer (roughly equivalent to assistant professor) beginning in September 2023. We especially seek applicants with teaching and research expertise in global history and historiographic methodologies. While the specific concentration of the applicant's research interest can vary, the applicant should be able to easily connect their research with Armenian history, historiography and studies. A focus on Armenian ancient history or medieval Armenian history will be considered as an advantage.
We find this position particularly fitting for early-career scholars who are excited both to develop their research profile as well as to teach and supervise research at the B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. levels. Applicants must have a Ph.D. by the time of the appointment (September 2023).
Pázmány Péter Catholic University is an esteemed university situated at the heart of Budapest in the geographically well-positioned Hungary. Its Department of Armenian Studies is a dynamic and growing scholarly community with a sizable number of students and considerable international ties.
For more details see: http://btk.ppke.hu/en/academics/institutes-and-departments/institute-of-history/department-of-armenian-studies.
In the position the following will be included:
- Employment at the Pázmány Péter Catholic University as senior lecturer (roughly equivalent to assistant professor) with an attractive salary
- Health insurance
- A so called SZÉP Card covering daily meals expenses
- One time travel to Budapest covered by the University
- Support from English-speaking university staff and student assistants
The employment is planned for one year from September 1, 2023, with the possibility of extension.
Application deadline: 30 April 2023
- Curriculum Vitae - your most recently updated CV
- Certificates of education
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching
- three letters of reference required
For further information and submission of the application please email here: email@example.com.