Brief Statement of Duties
Course load will be 12 credits per semester (the typical course is 4 credits). Teaching responsibilities include both halves of the World History survey, HS 130: Globalization and You, History of Asia, historical methodology and historiography, and courses developed in the candidate's specialty. This is a campus-based position.
- Doctorate or equivalent terminal degree in Asian History or Asian Studies in hand by start of appointment in August of 2022
- Record of effective college teaching and evidence of a research agenda
- Ability to effectively teach Asian and World history
- Ability to work well with the instructional team, including but not limited to fellow instructors
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Commitment to undergraduate education and demonstrated effectiveness [excellence] in teaching
- Ability to develop and deliver curriculum
Additional Desirable Qualifications
A pre-modern field of specialization, experience with innovative pedagogies, the ability to teach courses in at least one of the following areas: environmental history, gender history, or religious history.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicant materials will include the faculty application, cover letter, CV and unofficial transcripts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Michigan University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and is strongly committed to increasing the diversity of its employees.